My working method
If I can help you with a translation, I would like to know:
- the language you need a translation from,
- if the translation has to be sworn,
- the volume (expressed in number of words or, in case of birth certificates etc, pages), and
- when you need the translation (the deadline).
With these data, I can make an offer for a translation from English, Russian or French to Dutch and we can discuss the terms of delivery. As soon as we agree, I can start working with your text.
If you need an interpreter, please let me know
- what your discussions will be about (the subject),
- when and where they will take place, and
- how much time is provided.
With this information, I can make a price offer for an interpreting assignment.
As opposed to other professions, freelance translators and interpreters don’t have official price arrangements. This is why I always draw up a proposal depending on the nature, the duration and the volume of the assignment.